The Accounting Assistant will provide administrative and general bookkeeping/accounting support to the Corporate Accounting department. The work will be centered throughout the Accounts Payable portion of the Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CFO, Accounting Manager and the Accounts Payable Lead as needed with daily tasks and projects.
- Work within the role of Accounts Payable assistant.
- Assist with the processing and posting of the daily accounts payable.
- Assist with the Company Credit Card Statement, Expense Reports and Misc. check requests.
- Assist with the weekly check runs.
- Manage and maintain the Accounts Payable/Expense Reports/Credit card filing.
- Interact and respond to/with vendor requests
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track select Principals expenses and prepare expense reports.
- Reconcile credit card statements for Seattle Principals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong English communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities accurately while meeting team deadlines.
- Ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate a professional, respectful demeanor in keeping with the firm's culture and values.
- Broad computing experience, to include proficiencies in Microsot Word and Excel. Strong internet skill sets a must. Be adaptable to additional software packages to include projects/accounting software.
Experience, Education and Certification:
- Accounting experience ( specifically Accounts Payable) and education preferred.
- Experience in the architecture, engineering or planning industry preferred.