Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field OR 1-3 years of related experience in marketing/business development, presentations, event coordination, database development and/or research
- Experience working with principals and senior staff on strategy development and implementation
- Excellent verbal/writing, research and analysis skills
- Proven ability to set and manage personal priorities and move projects forward with minimal guidance, high level of initiative and problem-solving ability
- Design capabilities: Basic knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and WordPress
- Must be able to attend industry events outside of traditional hours
- Assist with identifying leads by reviewing daily and industry publications that list RFPs/RFQs for potential national, regional and local opportunities for the Seattle and Portland offices.
- RFP/RFQ distribution to appropriate BD Managers for review and distribution to appropriate team leads and BD PIC's in regional offices.
- Daily reading to identify potential leads not officially released in RFP/RFQ form. (DJC, Puget Sound Business Journal, ICSC, GlobeSt.com, WA State General Admin, McKinsey Quarterly, etc.)
- Manage Prospect List to confirm information is updated and shared.
- Responsible for tracking all leads generated by Principals, Associate Principals and Associates to ensure no duplication of effort.
- Research potential leads, prospect companies, and competitors.
- Maintain file on the J: Business Development/CRM on all potential client and relevant research.
- Maintain strategic partner database.
- Stay current on all leads to facilitate identification of relevant news. (Obtained from periodicals and online news sources.) Circulate as needed.
- Monitor all DCI clients, leads and project pursuits. Keep BD PICS's and coworkers abreast of news articles related to their current clients and potential clients.
- Coordinate with marketing to plan events and dinners: send/extend invitations, coordinate with venue and menu, manage guest list, and RSVPS's, and act as point of contact / reference for both employees and guests.
- Organize networking receptions: set-up, menu, catering, coordination, and equipment needs.
- Work with marketing to create invitations and signage as needed.
Monthly Business Development Meetings:
- Create meeting agenda, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Remind attendees to update lists.
- Distribute updated meeting notes.
Business Development Action Plans:
- Coordinate execution of annual plans
- Set up annual meetings with Principals, Associate Principals and Associates firm wide
- Edit and draft BDAP's
- Distribute as required