The job requires:
- A Civil Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university and Oregon registration as a professional engineer (PE)
- Four to eight years of relevant, progressive design and management experience (including staff management and training)
- Superior technical skills; ability to advise clients regarding complex engineering issues related to design, analysis, constructability, and industry standards.
- A comprehensive knowledge of local jurisdictional requirements and permitting processes.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills; our focus is on client service.
The successful applicant will:
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate site development design including grading, drainage, utility, erosion control, and road design on a variety of construction projects of all sizes—large and small.
- Prepare construction plans and specifications, design details, permit responses, and construction support services throughout the project—from start to finish.
- Prepare technical reports and calculations for jurisdictional agencies, including stormwater management plans.
- Attend design meetings with clients, municipalities, and agencies.
- Manage multiple projects at once, keeping them on-schedule and within budget.
- Understand design and drawing production effort as well as client, staff, and resource management.
- Direct engineering and technical staff while working with peers in team situations.
- Obtain profitable work by developing scope of work and estimated fees for new projects; write proposals for new work.
- Work directly with clients from project planning through completion.
- Expand the Portland civil team’s client base.
- Represent the firm in the community, both professional and public.
- Help the firm build a cohesive team of engineers and designers who are experts in their field and create an environment that maximizes each person’s potential. Teach, motivate, empower, and manage.
Express interest in a personal interview by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org