7 SE Stark
A Spark on Stark: Dedicated office building rises in warehouse district
The developer’s original project scope involved building a standalone parking garage in Portland’s Central Eastside Industrial District (CEID), but later the developer decided to add office floors above the structure to maximize the real estate. The project team relied on each other’s expertise to transform 7 SE Stark into a 10-story commercial building with four office floors on top of six parking levels. DCI Engineers designed a central elevator shaft and stairwell core for the office levels, plus a steel floor system of long span steel beams to create a column-free floor layout. The flexibility of open floor space appeals to the building owner’s prospective tenants.
7 SE Stark is one of the first dedicated office buildings completed in the CEID, which is known for its warehouse urban-scape. The developer views this project as a first of many changes in the area instigating economic revitalization by attracting new employers and entrepreneurs seeking creative workspaces.
- The building’s west side is configured with a gradual setback outlining nearby Interstate 5.
- With an open floor plan, 7 SE Stark’s office floors offer unobstructed 360 degree views of downtown Portland.
- The office floors are situated above the highway level.
- Tenants or visitors of nearby businesses without parking amenities can park in the building.
- Accommodates ~ 255 parking stalls.
- 2019 AIA Portland Citation Award – Unbuilt Project
- Portland Business Journal’s CRE Transformer Awards