AMLI MARINA DEL REY
Marina Living: Seaside mixed-use development embraces California aesthetic
This waterfront multi-family development south of Mother’s Beach comprises of six buildings with a concrete podium and above-grade, wood framed residential levels. The architectural and landscape designs blur the boundaries of indoor and outdoor spaces. AMLI Marina Del Rey includes 585 living units. Residents have access to an on-site fitness center, swimming pool, rooftop decks, outdoor fireplaces and barbeque stations, plus parking.
DCI’s engineering team designed the primary foundation and framing plan for the apartment buildings. They developed a lateral system of concrete shear walls. One side of a building has a cantilevered corridor. The engineers also provided structural loads for two stick-framed boat houses built into a dock designed by another team.
- Pedestrian-friendly development accessible to a public promenade.
- Includes a steel-framed, two-story jewel-box formed clubhouse.
- Achieved a below-grade parking level with basement walls withstanding hydrostatic pressure.
- Residential amenities include a swimming pool, rooftop decks, and communal areas with fireplaces and barbeque pits.
- Certified LEED Silver.
- 2014 PCBC Gold Nugget Grand Award – Best On-The-Boards Multifamily Housing Project