Destiny Christian Church
Tilt-up Construction for a Church: Designing award-winning dramatic features
This award-winning church in Rocklin, California possesses dramatic yet economical exterior characteristics including a vaulted entry, entry canopies, stepped roof, and a barreled roof treatment. DCI provided structural design for this unique structure. The first phase included a large, column-free sanctuary space, offices, classrooms, meeting areas, and other support space.
- Completed design for a large, column-free sanctuary space, offices, classrooms, meeting areas, and other support space.
- The building uses tilt-up concrete exterior and sanctuary walls with long-span steel joist roof framing with a metal deck roof.
- The central dramatic feature of the church is a cross tower formed from three rectangular enclosures, the highest of which is 52’ above grade.
- Sanctuary features include sloped seating with a raised stage, acoustical enhancements, an audio/visual control room, and catwalks to provide access to lighting and other accessories.
- Second floor framing uses concrete on metal deck slabs on steel framing.
- Framing design provides for future expansion to accommodate additional areas of second floor framing.
Tilt-Up Concrete Association 2003 Achievement Award, Religious Category and Best in Class