Eugene State Office Building
Enhancing the State Office Building: Engineering an energy-saving remodel for the Eugene State Office Building
The Eugene office for the State of Oregon required remodeling and seismic upgrading. DCI Engineers provided structural services for the remodel of this three-story office building, which featured a number of energy-saving features in its design, including enhanced day lighting and an upgraded HVAC system.
- Strengthened for increased earthquake resistance with concrete shearwalls and an external steel bracing system.
- Removal of the south façade materials allowed natural light to flood open office spaces.
- Utilizes horizontal shading devices to reduce solar heat gain during the summer months.
- Includes onsite storm water treatment.
- Utilizes recycled content materials.