Workspace Metamorphosis: Open floor space and canopies accentuate modern office atmosphere
These two-story office buildings feature thin, winged roofs, along with an adjacent parking structure that is designed to support office space above. This required DCI to design the framing layout for the Phase 2 office building, as all column anchorage locations were designed and detailed into the Phase 1 parking garage design. The structural steel long spans allowed for an open office floor layout, extreme cantilevers, and tapered roofs.
- The engineering team also applied value engineering by integrating 80 ksi reinforcement for the buildings’ foundation, columns, and shear wall systems for a more efficient and resilient design.
- For the office portion, continuous beams were utilized over the top columns to achieve cantilevers. This design approach minimized the amount of field welding needed for the structural frame.
- Parking garage includes 288 parking stalls.
- 2019 Structures Award-Architectural, Silicon Valley Business Journal
- 2019 American Architecture Awards
- Architect’s Newspaper 2018 Green GOOD DESIGN Awards