Gaslamp Marriott Residence Inn
"We are pleased to break ground on a hotel that will be a major asset to the business and cultural landscape of downtown San Diego…We particularly take pride in maintaining the integrity of the existing historic structure while adding valuable hospitality space to this dynamic part of the city."
Reveloping San Diego’s Historic Gaslamp Quarter: Engineering a new extended-stay hotel with street appeal
The Gaslamp Marriott Residence Inn is located in downtown San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. This 12-story hotel surrounds the historically significant, three-story Brunswig building on two sides, and features a street-level bar and lounge, meeting facilities, and a rooftop pool overlooking 5th Avenue.
- Contains 160,000-sf of hotel space, 4,400-sf of ground-level retail, and 54,000-sf of below-grade conference room space and parking.
- The building is 12 stories above grade and utilizes a flat slab, post-tensioned concrete floor system with a concrete shear wall lateral force resisting system.
- The project features an elevated 3rd floor pool and fitness area supported by post-tensioned beams.
- Includes a mezzanine level café and breakfast area overlooking the lobby.
- Large metal trusses span four floors.
- The historical gate and historical painting seen from the pool deck area were preserved during the renovation.