The Grand LA
“The Grand Avenue Project continues to be an important cornerstone in downtown revitalization.”
Revitalizing Grand Avenue as the Civic and Cultural Core of Los Angeles
Revitalizing downtown LA’s Grand Avenue has been a decade-long endeavor. The Grand, a Frank Gehry-designed mixed-use mega development by Related Companies will include 209,000-sf of retail space, destination restaurants and shopping spread among a series of landscaped open terraces along with a 450-seat cinema complex and 29-story, 314-room Equinox hotel. The residential component will be a 46-story tower with 436 units. Permanent and temporary public art installations throughout the site will also draw in individuals visiting the nearby cultural institutions to visit and engage in the space.
During the Conceptual Design phase, DCI investigated tower core options and determined a basis for design for the gravity and lateral systems.
- Located at a future stop of LA’s Regional Connector Transit system, an underground light rail line.
- Design integrity is being evaluated through a third party structural seismic peer review.
- Towers are seismically separate starting at Level 2.
- The residential tower will include a 20% affordability housing component.
- Mega development will include 209,000-sf of podium retail and restaurant space producing an active day and night environment.
- ~ 800 parking spaces.