Hollywood and Vine
“DCI has always been a valuable part of our development team, assisting in many projects up and down the California coast. Most recently, they were our engineering partners on the W Hollywood Hotel and Residences mixed-use project in Los Angeles.”
Marty Collins, President of Gatehouse Capital
Revitalizing Hollywood and Vine: Providing innovative engineering solutions for unique features
DCI Engineers provided structural design services for this multi-building project that revitalized the historic Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street intersection in Los Angeles. It features a W Hotel tower, a luxury condominium tower, and two apartment towers.
- Designed the foundation and below-grade parking around the existing subway system.
- A one-story tall steel truss cantilevers 52’ in order to support a glass enclosed sky bar.
- Sky bridge connects the hotel rooftop and the 11th floor of the condominium tower, and accommodates up to 24” of seismic drift in all directions.
- Accelerated construction schedule required exceptional coordination with other design team members.
- Features a 304-key W hotel, a 144-unit luxury condominium tower, and 350 apartment units in two different towers, as well as parking and retail space.