LA Live Marriott
“Compared to other towers that I have seen in Los Angeles, you are a star.”
Lee Albright from Pacific Coast Steel
Cost-effective Hospitality Construction: Saving money through attentive engineering solutions
DCI Engineers’ focus on cost-effective and structurally efficient design solutions were applied to this 23-story hotel in Los Angeles, California. The 411-key hotel tower, which houses both a Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn by Marriott, also includes space for 70 parking stalls and approximately 5,100-sf of restaurant facilities.
The engineers developed a concrete shear wall core system with concrete gravity framing to maximize the lobby, conference room, and retail space. A simplified layout and reinforcement solution saved the client $2 million for the project.
- Provided a design solution that resulted in a 25 percent reduction in reinforcing compared to a typical concrete tower in the Los Angeles area. This resulted in approximately $2 million in savings.
- Single structure houses two different hotel brands: Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn by Marriott.
- LA Live is close to many Los Angeles landmarks, such as the Staples Center, Grammy Museum, and the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Includes 11,754 of meeting facilities.
- 2015 Alliance for Quality Construction Q Award
- 2015 Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) Design Award, Honorable Mention, Custom Solution
- LEED Silver