“Working together with DCI on the Lawrence Lofts project was my idea of the way that an architect and structural engineer should work together.”
Sam Cameron, AIA, Principal at Rolluda Architects
Loft-style Living: Engineering contemporary residential space in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood
The life of this unique, loft-style residential project began almost ten years ago, and just recently completed construction. DCI Engineers provided structural design services for this 131-unit apartment building, and collaberated with the owner, architect and contractor to provide an efficient design for sophisticated apartment living.
- Units average nearly 760-sf. There are 24 studios, 76 one-bedroom units, 15 one-bedroom plus studio penthouses, and 16 two-bedroom units.
- Each loft space has ceilings 10 to 20 feet high, floor to ceiling windows, concrete or tile floors, and decks.
- Contains 6,500-sf of retail space.
- Includes a roof deck, community room, and 129 parking stalls.
- First building in Seattle to have digital art installations on each floor.