Ocean Avenue South
“The team members are excellent to work with and we always look for more opportunities to work with DCI.”
Phoebe Yee from Related California
Where Architecture and Culture Unify: Ocean Avenue South, an important aspect to the revitalization of downtown Santa Monica
DCI Engineers is providing structural engineering services for this exciting mixed-use residential project, located just steps away from the Pacific Ocean, in picturesque Santa Monica, California. The project, which is located on an irregularly shaped block, is bounded by three streets and a large, existing building with an unusual footprint. Ocean Avenue South is an urban mix development consisting of 318 luxury condominiums and affordable apartments surrounded amongst bountiful retail and restaurants, an walkable plazas and garden settings.
- The development will be divided into two separate sites with over 800,000-sf of residential, retail and parking space.
- The west side of the site is comprised of several above grade buildings, up to six-stories tall.
- All of the western buildings are supported by a common three level below-grade concrete parking structure.
- The east site is situated on the Southeast Corner of the development and includes a seven-story north tower, an eight-story central tower and a nine-story south tower.
- The towers will be connected at the second level by a residential/retail common slab covering the entire building footprint.
- Several seismically separated bridges will connect the building on both the east and west developments.
- Four levels of supplemental below-grade parking will also be provided.