Renton Parking Garage
Meeting the Parking Demand: Engineering a 580-vehicle garage for Renton
DCI Engineers worked with the architect and the City of Renton to provide structural and civil services for this seven-story parking garage.
- The ground level of the structure accommodates 2,600-sf of retail space.
- Primary structure consists of two-way, post-tensioned concrete slabs, and concrete columns.
- Two elevators and two pre-cast concrete staircases are enclosed in glass curtain walls with curved, sloped steel roof framing.
- Cantilevered steel canopies, brick-finished pre-cast concrete panels, and metal grilles decorate the façade of the parking garage.
- Civil design services included the creation of stormwater, grading, erosion control, and sanitary sewer plans for the areas surrounding the garage.