The Station at Othello Park
“Earning LEED Silver status for The Station at Othello Park represents an important milestone in our commitment to sustainability. As a state-of-the-art, sustainable, transit-oriented development, The Station at Othello Park provides long-term value not only for its tenants and residents, by also for the greater community.”
Steve Rauf, President & CEO of Othello Partners
Transit Oriented Developments: Engineering the next movement in multi-family housing
This eight-story, 488,000-sf multi-family project is an important addition to Seattle’s housing market. Residents have easy access to the city’s link light rail system, as well as many other amenities within the community.
DCI Engineers provided structural and civil design services and coordinated closely with multiple entities to make this project a success. The collaboration helped the project team identify cost-saving opportunities, such as introducing new hardware which would improve details and installation efficiencies during wall construction. The project team also strategized when the building’s at-grade parking level could be built to a smaller footprint than the above-grade levels. DCI worked with the revised economic design and recommended slope-cut excavation, temporary soil shoring, and end-bearing caissons.
- Includes 351 apartment units over street-level commercial space and parking. Contains a rooftop garden, as well as a landscaped courtyard on the third floor.
- Civil design included large and inviting sidewalks in order to accommodate the pedestrian oriented nature of the project.
- Required early coordination with Seattle’s SoundTransit and Seattle Public Utilities, due to the construction of the light rail project and significant revisions to Martin Luther King Jr. Way and Othello Street frontages.
- Utilized proprietary deflector sleeved screws for non-structural walls and pre-fabricated panelized framing systems.
- DCI supported a team strategy to install end-bearing caissons to distribute loads of the at-grade parking level foundation walls and footings.
- LEED® Silver