Valley School Addition and Remodel & School Bus Maintenance Facility
An Educational Upgrade: Engineering a new school in rural eastern Washington
DCI Engineers provided structural and civil design services for the expansion and renovation of the K-8 elementary school near Valley, Washington. This two-level addition occurred simultaneously with the modernization of existing spaces and mechanical systems. Civil engineering included services for parking lots, utility revision, and a school bus maintenance facility.
- Project consisted of a 15,000-sf gymnasium and classroom addition and a 10,600-sf classroom addition.
- Civil services included erosion control, site grading, layout, storm water, and utilities for the bus maintenance facility.
- Located in an area of steep terrain that required detailed attention to grading, accessibility routes, and interdisciplinary coordination.
- Revised parking lots and added drop-off areas.
- Designed the site layout for efficient bus maneuvering and future expansion.