Bringing Energy and Creativity to Downtown San Diego: Engineering a hotel with dynamic social spaces
DCI Engineers provided structural design for this unique 187,000-sf luxury hotel. The hotel features fully wired event and meeting rooms, as well as an attached restaurant, lounge and rooftop Beach Bar that were incorporated into the adjacent 100-year Old Columbia Square building.
- Includes 261 luxury hotel rooms.
- Contains 19 stories above-grade, along with three below-grade parking levels, and a swimming pool located on the second floor.
- Constructed using post-tensioned concrete construction over concrete columns for all elevated slabs.
- The foundation is conventional spread footings and the lowest parking level is constructed below the water table and designed to resist hydrostatic uplift pressures.
- Perimeter ductile concrete moment frames provide the lateral force resisting system.