WSU Spokane Teaching Health Clinic
“In this environment, you’re going to see a lot of interaction, so our students and residents will get a multidisciplinary experience.”
– Bob Eggart, Lead Project Manager, Providence Health and Services, to the ih Executive
Expanding Community Health: New clinic to serve more Inland Northwest patients
WSU Spokane Teaching Health Clinic is a collaborative care facility serving patients who are low-income or under-insured in eastern Washington. The two-story building is a total of 41,940-sf and resides in the Riverpoint Campus. The clinic expects to see 35,000 patients a year.
DCI Engineers provided civil services for the design-build project. The team evaluated City of Spokane’s water, stormwater, and waste water plans to verify the building’s compliance and utility capacity according to local regulations.
- Clinic includes 54 exam rooms, a pharmacy, lab, x-ray room, and team stations.
- Improved Front Street with appropriate water main, waterline, and storm water detention tank installations.
- Project team successfully completed an 84+ stall parking lot.
- Successful installations of the conduit system, fire line, and waste piping.