JANUARY 7, 2020 -- The Livermore Railroad Depot Rehabilitation and Relocation project has been awarded to receive the 2019 Governor’s Historic Preservation Award.
Originally constructed in 1892, the building served as the transit ticketing office and waiting area at the Livermore Transit Center before it was shuttered in the early 1960s. The City purchased the structure in 2007 and in July 2017, DCI Engineers was part of a team that included architect Page & Turnbull which helped restore the depot for a half-mile move to its new location.
Our Portland office has seen their fair share of historic adaptive reuse projects. This post focuses on two specific projects completed in the city’s Old Town/Chinatown District, and another in the Central Eastside neighborhood. Each building has its own revival story and collection of before-and-after photos.
We sat down with our October DCI Expert in the Spotlight, Richard “Dick” Hemmen for a Q&A session about Seismic Renovations and Tenant Improvements. Hemmen, who has worked on many seismic renovations and TI’s, shares with us the importance of maintaining a buildings structural components for the occurrence of a seismic event.