Boomtown Sunnyvale: New office building will represent Peery Park
When completed, 675 Almanor will be a five-story Class A office building in the newly developed Peery Park business district – Sunnyvale’s booming industrial district attracting high tech companies of all types. The office building will have 2,500-sf of retail at the ground floor and a rooftop deck. The property will also include a standalone four-story parking garage.
DCI designed the primary structural systems for the office building and parking garage. For the office building, the team developed framing plans, braced frame elevations, foundation and steel details, and the column schedule. The engineers determined a mat foundation could be designed for the client to reap cost savings. For the parking garage, the engineers prepared the mild reinforcing plans, PT floor plan for the 4th floor, foundation and concrete shear wall details, plus beam elevations.
- The centralized core of BRBF frames allows for brace-free office space and unobstructed views.
- The team modified the mat slab thickness under columns and shear walls from 30” to 8” resulting in cost reductions of concrete, reinforcement, and excavation.
- 2,500-sf of retail at the ground floor.
- Rooftop deck.
- Located near Caltrain and light rail stations.
- Property will include a standalone, four-story parking garage (with one below-grade level) with 371 stalls.