The Cresta wraps around a monumental outdoor space that’s as private as it is grand. It’s sensational without being showy.
Designing for the Ultimate Designer: Engineering a stylish house for Architect/Contractor/Developer, Jonathan Segal and his wife
DCI Engineers performed structural design services for this new two-story residence with a basement level and two-car garage. Built on challenging terrain, The Cresta is fitted with glass walls and large glass doors that open the floor plan to the outdoors. House amenities include an at-grade reflecting pool and lap pool.
DCI evaluated the concrete mix used for the project and determined curing times for strengthening the building’s CIP walls and floors. The team accomplished the client’s design criteria to utilize the building’s concrete for thermal mass capability.
- The two-story structure contains a 2,238-sf basement and a subterranean car lift.
- A large spiral staircase leads to rooftop access.
- The property offers a rooftop jacuzzi. reflecting pool, and lap pool,
- Property totals 5,477-sf including 1,646 on the first floor, and 1,593 on the second floor.
- 2017 Builder’s Choice & Custom Home Design Awards, “Custom Home More than 5,000-sf” category, Merit Award
- 2017 AIA San Diego Design Awards, Honor Award in the “Architecture” category
- 2016 AIA California Council (AIACC) Design Awards, Honor Award
- 2014 AIACC Residential Awards, Single Family Residential category, Merit Award
- 2014 Residential Architect Design Awards, Single Family category, Grand Award