Work

Davenport Hotel Renovation

Downtown Spokane Revival: Providing innovative engineering solutions to this historic landmark hotel renovation project

This 360,000-sf hotel was originally constructed in 1913, and was considered a ‘masterpiece of the times,’ but over the years the building fell into disrepair. DCI Engineers provided structural services for the resulting renovation, which upgraded all of the building’s systems, including plumbing, electrical and mechanical, along with the addition of state-of-the-art internet capabilities. Particular attention was paid to the fine details of the historic architecture throughout the interior and exterior of the building.

Location Pin Icon
Location:
Spokane, Washington
Cube Measurments Icon
Square Feet:
360,000
Building Icon
Stories:
14
Geometric Shapes Icon
Service:
Structural
Pie Chart Icon
Industries:
Historic, Hospitality & Gaming, Seismic/Adaptive Renovation
Material Shapes Icon
Primary Material:
Steel

Project Highlights

  • The hotel had been closed to the public since 1985, and was in serious disrepair and threatened with demolition.
  • Originally thirteen stories tall, a fourteenth floor was added, with the original clock tower restored to the top of the building after construction.
  • New construction included a ballroom, state-of-the-art kitchen/catering facilities, porte cochere and an additional floor for luxury suites.
  • The $40 million renovation of the hotel was completed in 2002, and it was listed on the National Historic Register in 2004.
  • The grand and historic Hall of Doges was salvaged from the oldest part of the building and installed as prefunction space in the new ballroom.
  • Amenities include a spa, restaurants and bar, pool, special events space, retail space, and luxury rooms.
  • A six-story parking structure was designed to complemement the renovated hotel.

Latest work

See all
The Cooper 1
project

The Cooper

Waterfront Place Apartments
project

Waterfront Place Apartments

Placentia Veterans Village 001
project

Mercy Placentia Veterans Village